2011年9月1日星期四

To be Ethical or not to be Ethical, that is the question

Yesterday was really a busy day for me, from 9:30am to 9:30pm I spent my entire day in School Of Education, 3 courses that I took, for all kinds of reason, all happened to be held on that day. However, it is also a mind-working day for my brain compared to my summer holidays.

And the interesting part is that, 2 coursed-Inquiry Method and Cognition Psychology that I took all happen to referred to ethical issue, and we even had a discussion for Ethical Profession in the Inquiry Method class. We were required to discuss our impression about our understanding of “research”. Actually I was impressed by a PHD Student who is from Cairo, she use an graphic to describe her understanding of research.

Foundation
Perhaps I need more explanation about this graphic, here the research is like a house, the ethical profession is the foundation, without basic ethical consent, it is hard to imagine what consequences will be resulted in. Here is fewer examples from past.
1. http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110830/ap_on_he_me/us_med_experiments_on_humans_1
This is U.S. medical experiments done in Guatemala in the 1940s. I learned a new expression from this example "chillingly egregious."
2. http://www.highestfive.com/mind/5-unethical-psych-experiments/
This is 5 unethical experiments in Psychology field.

Process (Pillars)
Actually, this is the process I copied from Creswell text book.

External Context (roof)

This part mainly described the pressures that stop you from researching, because life is not all about research, you might be found bogged in sending your children to school, or some terrible weather (like the Hurricane, Snow storm.)

So research is not merely about research, ethical issues and external factors will also need to be considered in your process of researching.

Anyway, I feel this graphic is thoughtful, so post here~

没有评论:

发表评论