2010年12月6日星期一

Wiki Week(2)

W E
B U I L D
K N O W L E D G E
I N T E R A C T I V E L Y
It was such a great night that Dr Bonk introduce 2 guest speakers to our class to share their research work about Wikibooks in different areas. One is in higher education, one is in K-12, and the last one is from business field!
Actually I never heard about Wikibooks before, and I was so amazed found that we can all be writers for In short, it is the creation of free content textbooks and annotated texts that anyone can edit (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikibooks). Even though it is free content, you cannot simply put whatever you want. Academic research is required when you are contributing to Wikibooks. During the process of researching and writing, learners make meanings of the information and construct their own knowledge, together with group members.
Another aspect is that I remembered an article that I read this week; it shows a data that university students are more likely to use Wikipedia at first to look some resource, but when they tend to get rid of Wikipedia later.

1 条评论:

  1. Hi Yue, it's cool of this word elaboration "WIKI" and so glad that it is used in our video~ Wiki is quite a flexible tool for us to use in education, for example, collaborative learning and learning through research. It's quite a constructive learning method!

    回复删除